Like I promised I want to share with you this cake that I use to do for Christmas time.
I hope you will like it and understad how to do, I'm not that good at writing the recipes in english :)
The trick to succes with the cake is to whisk the eggs and granulated sugar relly, really fluffy. You should never whisk the flour because the cake can easily become rubbery in texture, but it should be gently fold into the mixture.
2.5 cups grenulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
1.5 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup sour milk
3,5 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 cup lingonberry jam (you can use other berries jam or skipp it)
butter and alomonds for the form
3 cups whipping cream
1 cup thick greek yogurt
1/2 cup lingonberry jam
Do like this:
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees hot.
2. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar until they get really fluffy.
3.Melt the butter and mix it in the batter, also the sour milk.
4. Mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl and then mix everything with the batter. But to not use a mixer for that. End by mixing the jam with the batter.
5.Grase a cake form (you can se on my pictures) with the butter and use if you like some crushed almonds.
6. Bake the cake plain in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes. Try usin a stick, it should not be sticky if it's ready.
8. Lingonberry Cream: Whisk the cream and mix it together with the yoghurt. Season with lingonberry jam or other jam.